Since 1971, Merritt Island Air & Heat has provided the most reliable and efficient heating and cooling products on the market. In the early years, the goal was to simply heat and cool the house with little regard for indoor air quality and energy efficiency. Things are very different these days. We take pride in making sure that every unit is properly matched, sized and installed in order to obtain maximum energy efficiency. That’s why every Merritt Island Air & Heat customer receives our HVAC Design Build Services. These services include:
- Residential Energy Calculations (for new customers).
- Manual J Calculations using Wrightsoft™ design and specification software – This insures proper equipment sizing. Click here to read more about why having a Manual J heat load calculation is essential.
- Manual D Duct Calculations (for new duct installations).
- A Merritt Island Air & Heat Comfort Specialist will set an appointment to perform a complete analysis of your home or business.
- We will then measure the structure of your home or business and assess the orientation of the structure to the sun, roof construction and type, insulation, window types and sizes, and door types and sizes. All of these measurements and evaluations will be factored into the Manual J heat load for proper sizing of your unit.
- We will do an on site inspection of the ductwork, equipment, electrical, location of the equipment, and refrigerant line sets
- We will then sit down with you and discuss any comfort concerns you may have with your current system and address any additional needs you may have.
- After our analysis, we will provide you with a written estimate for our recommendation.
- A trained Merritt Island Air and Heat Installation Team will be scheduled to install your new heating and cooling system in accordance with all county and city codes.
- After installation, a Merritt Island Air and Heat Installation Supervisor will perform a Quality Control Inspection of your installation and equipment operation to ensure everything is working properly.
- The last step in our process is the mechanical inspection of the installation and equipment. Our field supervisor will set up a time and date with you to have it inspected by the proper municipality.
Should you require service on your current home comfort system, our skilled technicians have the know-how to diagnose, adjust or repair your system so that you are comfortable all year long. For safety and warranty reasons you should never attempt to service your unit yourself.
Planned Maintenance Agreement
Before the cooling or heating seasons, it is a good idea to have your system checked by one of our maintenance experts. Small problems can become bigger problems as your system continues to run. Just as your automobile needs regular maintenance, so does your air conditioning system. Sign up for our Planned Maintenance Agreement and you’ll receive two Precision Tune-Ups per year (every six months) on your air conditioning and heating system, plus a preferred labor rate on all service calls throughout the year.
|Residential Planned Maintenance Checklists:|
FPL Participating Contractor
Your Air Conditioning and Heating System can account for about 50% of your energy usage. FPL offers rebates on high efficiency heat pumps and air conditioner installations (excluding new construction homes). As an FPL Participating Contractor, we will deduct the rebate at the time of sale.